Following a fruitful cooperation with Youngship Cyprus during the last year, NBAC is pleased to announce the formalisation of this cooperation through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between NBAC and Youngship Cyprus.
The main purpose of the MoU is to co-ordinate efforts and work jointly towards the development and promotion of the offshore support industry in Cyprus and introduce this developing industry to the younger generation in Cyprus, both to students and executives.
In addition, NBAC and Youngship Cyprus will work together to jointly
- Organize seminars and conferences as well as other social and networking events for their members.
- Participate in each other’s activities, events and seminars
- Promote and channel job vacancies in the Cypriot – Norwegian trade community, to members of YoungShip
- Participate in the selection of successful candidates for, as well as funding, of the “Young Leader Award”
About Youngship Cyprus
YoungShip Cyprus was founded in 2012 as a branch of YoungShip International (Norway 2004) which is a nonprofit organization in 17 cities around the world in countries such as Norway, Singapore, Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Sweden, Netherlands, United Emirates, Kenya and the United Kingdom.
Young people up to the age of 40 who work in the wider field of shipping and maritime offshore industry have the opportunity to participate as members or as administration of the association.
The aims of the association are:
• To build a strong network, promote dialogue and cooperation between its members and the wider maritime community, government agencies and organizations dealing with maritime issues in Cyprus and abroad.
• To encourage members to develop and implement actions, initiatives, exchange of information and experiences in order to promote and develop the shipping industry in Cyprus and to develop as young professionals in the global maritime community.
• To provide continuous education and training to its members in the field of shipping and maritime industry as well as to develop the interest of the younger generation for environmental developments, innovation and entrepreneurship.
From 2012 until today YoungShip Cyprus has conducted many social events and has presented a series of free seminars covering a variety of topics, including current and future trends in shipping as well as career advice and soft skill development.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +357 99 433064, +357 99 583881, +357 99 536437